Just tried out the new Strava Run (no G+ page? really?) app for Google Glass, one of several new apps unveiled today at the GDK sneak peak — and I’m really impressed! I figured someone had to be building this type of app, and I’m really happy they did so this early in the game.
- It gives you a HUD with your run-time, pace, etc. Everything you’d want.
- You get voice over updates every half mile to let you know how you’re doing too.
- You can manually mark splits or it will do so for you when your sync with their service.
- It uploads your run to your Strava profile on their site seemingly instantly.
- It uses GPS to plot your run on a map, shown on the site.
- All activities are marked as Private by default, and you have to go to the website to toggle them public. Smart move!
Things I’d tweak:
- Wish it added a timeline card so I could go back and look at basic details about my run without having to load the site.
- I wish it integrated with FitBit’s API (note: it does work with the Jawbone UP’s API) but you can use Syncmetric to get some level of cross-communication in the meantime.